A friend once wrote:
“I don’t know about you, but I learn more from 1 mistake than from 100 successes”.
That sounds about right. I’d add that when I have a success, I learn what works, but not why it works (and not always specifically what exact thing worked). When I make a mistake, I generally learn exactly what didn’t work, and why soon after.
The same friend also said:
“Love is going to hurt you. Deal with it through music. And be thankful when you do.”
I’d add – if you can’t play an instrument, listen to all the sad songs you can handle. Eventually the pain will go and the phase will pass. You’ll move on and people will forget. Bad poetry and drunk text messages, however, are forever.
Even when it seems that your world is crumbling all around you – try not to lose all hope. Take the victories when you can, no matter how small. You’ll be surprised by how many chances you get in this life if you refuse to accept defeat (or can’t).
5 Saddest Songs I appreciate?
- On a Valentine’s Day – Linkin Park
- In Pieces – Linkin Park
- Mad World – Gary Jules
- Whiskey Lullaby – Bradley Paisley, Alison Krauss
- Comptine D’un Autre été L’après-midi – Yann Tiersen
10 of Life’s Simplest Pleasures?
In no particular order:
1. That almost euphoric relief after a much needed pee.
2. Finding something to laugh about with my best friend
3. Spending time with my Dad or my mother
4. Ice cold Yuengling, right after work, when I’ve no more obligations for the day
5. A full eight hours of sleep.
6. Everything leading up to the first kiss.
7. Being recognized for a quality I’ve been trying to improve for years.
8. Seeing the enjoyment in the eyes of someone who’s tasted my well cooked, marinated steak.
9. A book enthralling enough that you leave this world as soon as you read but one sentence.
10. Reading people correctly.